Thursday, September 15, 2011

update: life is a bit different

Somethings God has said to me lately, that I want to share:
"I am just as big in the small things as I am in the big things."
"There is nothing I could reveal about myself that you don't have access to."
"Everyone longs to know the Bible is true."

I have been back to Redding for less than two weeks yet it feels like there is so much to talk about.

*my entire tuition for my internship was paid off! Yay God!
*I got rehired as a server at Red Lobster (I wasn't eligible for a transfer)
*I moved into my new beautiful BRIGHT green four bedroom house
* I have had a lot of free time to get in the presence, read, soak, and jog


Being back has been so refreshing catching up with friends and family who live here who just got back from their homelands all over the globe, but mainly my time back has been a very intimate chill time with me and the Lord. The Bible has come alive to me like never before in my life. I am learning so much and just enjoying being in God's presence.

Did you know the word rest is mentioned in the Bible 296 times?
Psalm 116:7
Return, O my soul, to your rest;for the LORD has dealt bountifully with you.


I really have been enjoying resting. Honestly, I always felt like the Biblical command to rest never really applied to me. I never would of said that though, because I was unaware I felt that way. I think somewhere inside I felt like resting was for those who were very task oriented to take a break, or those who were more on the lazy side or enjoyed things slow pace. That resting was for them, but it's for us all!

But I have intensely caught the urge to rest, and to be.
It's so beautiful, peaceful, and incredible.
As I am in this season and place, I have lost my need to be around large crowds of people and hangout a ton. It's very weird and strange because if you know me well you would probably know that is one of my favorite things, but right now that very thing feels uncomfortable and unnecessary. I am sure at some point that will change but right now it is quite different.

I still am enjoying being around people it is just very small scale and simple right now and that is what I need right now. It is such a contrast from my massively busy schedule in second year. But this feels right for this season right now. I am enjoying being in His presence like never before. I would always consider me definitely a person of the presence but it has consumed my life and really is my only priority right now. (obviously my internship and work are priorities and I def know the presence will and has consumed those places too!)

So here is my simple update: rest

Your hunger leads you to places in God's presence and realities in His word that you never knew existed!

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your blog Naomi! You have so many great things to say...have a great 3rd year! Wendy

    ReplyDelete